[ZWeb] http://namespaces.zope.org/zope

Martijn Faassen faassen at infrae.com
Tue Sep 26 08:40:47 EDT 2006

Justizin wrote:
> So..
>
> I was talking to Philipp the other day on IRC, wondering why
>
>    http://namespaces.zope.org/zope
>
> Doesn't actually exist on on the intarweb.  At first I wondered if it
> was a requirement, like for a DTD, and P says no, so I believe him.
> We did agree that it would be nice if something lived here talking
> about ZCML, which is what the w3c does for their namespaces, like:
>
>  http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml
>
> Of course, I volunteer.

First, thank you for volunteering!

Right, it's indeed not a requirement, the namespace URL is just a way to
get uniqueness, but it'd indeed be nice if something lived there.

We're currently investigating mechanisms by which we (as the community)
can manage the nameserver for zope.org - a requirement to bring
namespaces.zope.org into being. We're also trying to figure out what
could be listening on the other end.

What I would propose if you write the documents you want to sit on the
other end for the various ZCML namespaces, and put them up somewhere for
us to review. Once we're happy with them, we'll work on putting them online.

Regards,

Martijn