Zope.org DNS ( was Re: [ZWeb] http://namespaces.zope.org/zope )

Lennart Regebro regebro at gmail.com
Tue Sep 26 11:20:12 EDT 2006

On 9/26/06, Jens Vagelpohl <jens at dataflake.org> wrote:
> Hey Andrew, learn bottom-posting please!
>
> I haven't worked with zoneedit, but would volunteer a secondary DNS
> setup on one of my boxes.

ZoneEdit has a very ugly site, but technically I haven't had one
single problem with them during four years of usage.

> I don't think it is important to have some "newbie-
> friendly" tool.

ZoneEdit isn't especially designed to be newbie-friendly. It is,
compared to hand-editing text-files, but that's probably more as a
side-effect of the fact that you configure things with forms that for
example add both forward and reverse dns automatically and stuff.

ZoneEdit is an option that should be considered. I'm not enough if a
DNS-guru to say if it's a better or worse option than other options,
but it does work very well.