Zope.org DNS ( was Re: [ZWeb] http://namespaces.zope.org/zope )

Justizin justizin at siggraph.org
Tue Sep 26 11:26:50 EDT 2006

> This has nothing to do with a newbie friendly tool - but a third party to be
> the primary, so that a single person isn't the 'owner' of this - so those
> with appropriate access can manage this.  I'm sure all of us on the list
> understand the importance of DNS and it's reliability.  Since it's free and
> been around for years, I thought it was worthy of looking at for the group.

Come to think of it, we are actually using http://dnsmadeeasy.com/ for
the ACM.  It isn't that we can't run a BIND or djbdns server, we are
responsible for over fifty machines, but yanno, it's just easier.

A provider who focuses on DNS can make sure there is uber redundancy,
and can, as mentioned, keep a single point of failure from affecting
the zone's future edit-ability.

I definitely agree that it should be more difficult to get admin for
Zope.org DNS than to get a Zope.org account for publishing content /
filing bugs. ;)

--
Justizin, Independent Interactivity Architect
ACM SIGGRAPH SysMgr, Reporter