[ZWeb] serving up static files from www.zope.org

Martijn Faassen faassen at infrae.com
Fri Sep 29 07:25:40 EDT 2006

Justizin wrote:
> On 9/28/06, Martijn Faassen <faassen at infrae.com> wrote:
>> Chris Withers wrote:
>> >
>> > I'd prefer the stuff we're talking about to live ideally on ZC's
>> > hardware...
>>
>> I don't think Justizin was suggesting we run this stuff off other
>> hardware.
>>

> Nah, I simply meant that I don't mind being responsible for another
> Apache installation / configuration.

Okay, since nobody else stepped up, you're now the Apache static file
admin. The first step is to get you set up with access permissions. I'll
go see who can help you there. I assume you're willing to sign a Zope
Corporation agreement before you get access? The stuff is running on
their hosting infrastructure right now and they want to be careful. The
first thing I must do is acutally hunt up that agreement, which I've
never seen myself. :)

>> On the medium to long term, I *would* like to pull in other hardware
>> besides ZC's, by the way. Of course that would need to be on the basis
>> of a well-supported machine. Eventually the ZF will want to take over
>> the zope.org hosting, and probably not from within the context of ZC's
>> hosting environment.
>
> I will take the next opportunity I have to bring this up with ACM HQ.
> We have about fifty servers in Verizon / NYC, and this might be a good
> way for us to begin contributing to the community at an organizational
> level. :)

Great!

Regards,

Martijn