[ZWeb] wiki.zope.org outage

Jim Fulton jim at zope.com
Thu Feb 15 06:20:05 EST 2007

On Feb 14, 2007, at 8:56 PM, Simon Michael wrote:

> Hi all. I apologise for today's outage of wiki.zope.org and
> zwiki.org . Things were working ok until about lunchtime.. I and
> others even were doing a bunch of maintenance. Around noon I packed
> the zodb (from 3 -> 2G). This afternoon I notice zope down and I
> can't start the zeo client with either the old or new Data.fs.
> After connecting to the server it says:
>
> 2007-02-14 17:51:50 BLATHER ZEO.zrpc (17346) CT: exiting thread:
> Connect([(2, ('localhost', 8888))])
> 2007-02-14 17:51:51 ERROR ZODB.serialize Unpickling error:
> '(cApp.ApplicationManager\nApplicationManager\nq\x$
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "/zope-2.9.4/lib/python/ZODB/serialize.py", line 597, in
> getState
>     return unpickler.load()
> EOFError
>
> I would appreciate any ideas at all. Best,

Do you have ZEO set to use a persistent cache? If so, remove it and
try again.
If not:

It looks like your database is corrupted.  Have you tried using
the .old file
left by the pack?  If that doesn't work, you'll probably need to use
a backup.

Otherwise, it might be possible to replace this object.  I don't
think ApplicationManagers have any precious state.  They really
shouldn't be persistent at all IMO.  You might be able to use zopectl
debug to replace this object with a new instance.

Jim

CTO 				(540) 361-1714			http://www.python.org