[ZWeb] cvs.zope.com issues

Mark W. Alexander mwa at zope.com
Thu Jul 26 15:27:53 EDT 2007

Guys,

I'm suspect you've noticed we've been having some issued with cvs.zope.org.
It's been getting hammered with requests for viewcvs.cgi. Last night we
blocked Googlebot which represented the vast majority of requests.

We just got hit again from 216.182.239.46 which resolves to an Amazon EC node
(domU-12-31-34-00-03-E2.usma2.compute.amazonaws.com). Could someone be
attempting to mirror via HTTP and inadvertently glomming the cvs views?

If there's any ideas who this might be or what they're doing, please let me
know.

Thanks,
Mark
--