[ZWeb] [Zope-dev] Overhauling the Zope 2 presentation on zope.org

Lennart Regebro regebro at gmail.com
Sat Feb 21 06:34:22 EST 2009

On Sat, Feb 21, 2009 at 11:59, Martin Aspeli <optilude+lists at gmail.com> wrote:
> We

Yes. But not *I*. And you asked if *I* could get it done. :) Perhaps
you meant if I could nag people into doing it. I doubt that I could.
I'm not good at making people do things for free. :)

I think the way your formulated this is indicative of the problems.
It's a case of "Somebody is not working here". I.e. "This should be
done" or "Somebody needs to do X". Well, there isn't anybody called
Somebody here, so as long as "Somebody" needs to do it, it won't get
done. :) This is one of the common obstacles of committee work, and it
seems zope-web unfortunately got a dose of it. Maybe we are getting
out of the slump thanks to Andreas, but if not I again suggest the
Zope Foundation appoints a Web Tsar with full access to everything
that gets completely free hands to do whatever he wants (after the
foundation has taken a backup of everything) and see what happens. :)
 I'm also lazy, which are the reasons I haven't volunteered for the
role of Web Tsar already, as being bad at getting people to work for
free would mean I have to do everything myself, and I'm too lazy for
that. :)

--
Lennart Regebro: Pythonista, Barista, Notsotrista.
http://regebro.wordpress.com/