[ZWeb] zope.org move

Jens Vagelpohl jens at dataflake.org
Tue Oct 11 10:05:01 EST 2011

On Oct 11, 2011, at 16:53 , Jim Fulton wrote:

> On Tue, Oct 11, 2011 at 10:00 AM, Jens Vagelpohl <jens at dataflake.org> wrote:
>>
>> On Oct 11, 2011, at 15:45 , Jim Fulton wrote:
>>
>>> If I can provide a new tar ball that contains just release files in
>>> folders, can you knit it into the static site?
>>
>> I think the only way to make them available without breaking all internal links to these releases on the static site would be to put them separately and use Apache rewrite magic to try and catch any requests for the files themselves, which would always end in .../Zope-XXX.[tgz|exe|…]
>
> I think you can write a script that just replaces the goofy
> directories with the actual tar balls.

But that's not enough. The internal links on the static site point to items *past* the tarball filename, like

XXX/Zope-2.12.0-final.tgz/swreleasefile_view.

If I just replace what's currently a folder with the actual tarball I don't need to do any Apache magic and the file will be in the right place, but you cannot navigate to the release file from within the old.zope.org site anymore. The navigation links there will all break.

jens