[Zope] - zope jitterbug

Paul Everitt Paul@digicool.com
Tue, 8 Dec 1998 10:19:34 -0500

Alan wrote:
> I'm unfamiliar with Zope. Would it be an adequate tool to
> build an internet
> based bug tracking system: a clone of jitterbug (see
> http://samba.anu.edu.au/jitterbug/ or
> http://www.gnome.org/cgi-bin/bugs
> )Would such a project be meaured in days, weeks, or months? Thanks!

Yes, it would be a really good system for doing that.  We build one over
at:

  http://www.digicool.com/site/Collector/

based on our Tabula product that runs in Zope.

The biggest problem we had in doing the Collector was requirements.  We
never had the discipline to write down what we wanted it to do!  Thus, I
think the first requirement for "Zitterbug" would be to focus on the
early part of the software lifecycle.

--Paul