[Zope] - Installation problem

Vanroose Wim vanroose@ruca.ua.ac.be
8 Dec 1998 15:31:36 -0000

> > I did the same and the problem is discussed here all ready several times
> >
> > When you installed python with rpm -i
> > there is'nt a file /usr/lib/python1.5/config/Makefile
> > that is needed in the makefile
> >
> > > make[1]: *** No rule to make target `/usr/lib/python1.5/config/Makefile', needed by `sedscript'.  Stop.
> > > make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/local/src/Zope-1.9b1-src/lib/python'
> >
> > I used a SRPMS version of python en recompiled it
> > there is a 1.5.1 version on the second disk of the redhat 5.2 distribution.
> >
> 	I believe if the RPM doesn't insert the /config directory then the SRPM
> that builds it won't either.  The solution to this is to d/l your own version of
> Python and compile it from the tar.gz file.
>
> ./configure
> make
> make install (<- may need to be root)
>
> should do it.  I have Zope running fine on 5.0, 5.1 and 5.2 with hand compiled
> pythons like this.

It does, I did It Yesterday on my linux box at home

rpm -i    a file from a  SRPMS ( the S means sources) dir of the cdrom 2 of redhat 5.2
only creates some tar.gz files in a specific dir

/usr/src/redhat/SOURCES

and therefrom  you can start compiling your python versions
I do

#tar zxvf

and the classic

./configure
make
make  install

in the python dir

I think it is the easiest way for people that have the cdroms

we get then the Makefile in

/usr/local/lib/python1.5/config/

Wim Vanroose

-----