[Zope] - Misc questions & Suggestions

Jim Fulton jim@Digicool.com
Tue, 08 Dec 1998 16:23:40 +0000

"Andrew M. Kuchling" wrote:

> Paul Everitt writes:
> >Mike wrote:
> >>      Litteraly cron?  Why not use the Scheduler package?
> >> Was that what
> >> it was designed for?
> >
> >Errm, yes, but we never finished it :^)  We wanted to have a cron-like
>
>         Bugger; I wanted to use the Scheduler for my slashdot package.
> So how do you do timed events now?

We use cron. :|

We shelved Sheduler a while back because:

  - It wasn't critical to the projects we were working on,

  - At the time, threads were problematic on some platforms
    we did care about (and Scheduler was threads based),

  - We were planning to add concurrency application-wide
    and we expected the scheduler design to be significantly
    affected.

We plan to revisit Scheduler in a big way after Zope 2.0
is releases, however, if anyone wants to make progress on
Scheduler now, I'd be happy to provide advice and review.

Jim

Technical Director   (540) 371-6909              Python Powered!

repeats.