[Zope] - Setting __bobo_realm__

Jim Fulton jim@Digicool.com
Tue, 08 Dec 1998 18:53:53 +0000

"Christopher G. Petrilli" wrote:

> OK, this SHOULD be easy :-)

It is.

> I know that the security realm used for
> BasicAuthentication is set using __bobo_realm__ (and BTW, still is) and
> defaults to the module name (Main) if nothing is set.
>
> So, I figured, easy, I'll just add a property to the folder with that
> name and away we go... nope, I get an error that properties starting
> with '_' are verbotten... so, just how does one do this?  You know what
> would be neat, is if there were something on the Security page to set
> this, just a simple box to fill in! :-)

ZPublisher also checks for an environment variable, BOBO_REALM.
(In the next release, it will check for Z_REALM first :) and
uses it if there is not module-level realm setting.

You could provide BOBO_REALM in a PCGI file directive:

BOBO_REALM=spam

In the next release, you'll also be able to
supply environment variables on the serve.py command line.

Jim

Technical Director   (540) 371-6909              Python Powered!

repeats.