[Zope] - Setting __bobo_realm__

Christopher G. Petrilli petrilli@amber.org
Tue, 8 Dec 1998 14:12:33 -0500

On Tue, Dec 08, 1998 at 06:53:53PM +0000, Jim Fulton wrote:
> > OK, this SHOULD be easy :-)
>
> It is.
>
> > I know that the security realm used for
> > BasicAuthentication is set using __bobo_realm__ (and BTW, still is) and
> > defaults to the module name (Main) if nothing is set.
> >
> > So, I figured, easy, I'll just add a property to the folder with that
> > name and away we go... nope, I get an error that properties starting
> > with '_' are verbotten... so, just how does one do this?  You know what
> > would be neat, is if there were something on the Security page to set
> > this, just a simple box to fill in! :-)
>
> ZPublisher also checks for an environment variable, BOBO_REALM.
> (In the next release, it will check for Z_REALM first :) and
> uses it if there is not module-level realm setting.

Ah, what I'm interested in is doing it INSIDE the GUI, on a folder
level, not on a "Module" level, or a global level.  For example, if I
access a folder with it's own Userfolder, and authorize on that, then
want to go to the MAIN /manage screen, I have to reauthorize, which is
fine, since they both use "Main" as the realm.  BUT when I go BACK to
the sub folder (above), I'm still running as the "superuser" or
whatever.

I hope this makes sense :-)  Let me know if I'm wacked out completely
:-)

Chris