[Zope] - database transfer

Jim Fulton jim@Digicool.com
Tue, 08 Dec 1998 19:20:29 +0000

"Christopher G. Petrilli" wrote:

> On Tue, Dec 08, 1998 at 06:05:35PM +0000, Jim Fulton wrote:
> > "Christopher G. Petrilli" wrote:
> > >
> > > [ I propose a mind-bending connection between Zope servers to move dbs]
> >
> > I agree that this could be useful and is probably doable, but I suspect
> > that the details could mount pretty quickly.  It would be alot easier if
> > the objects modified on the development site were *never* modified on the
> > production site.
>
> Well, I would see this as a total replacement effectively of a "tree"
> inside the database.  Maybe I've got the wrong "image" in my head of how
> things are stored in the database... entirely possible.

The data is not organized as a tree, but as a mapping from object ids
to object data.  Each (persistent) object gets it's own record in the
database.

> Dynamic data
> that would change should be in a different part of the database

You can certainly arrange things that way.

> (a differetn database?)

Wouldn't have to be a different database.

(snip)

Jim

Technical Director   (540) 371-6909              Python Powered!

repeats.