[Zope] - I am *really* getting confused...

skip@calendar.com (Skip Montanaro) skip@calendar.com (Skip Montanaro)
Tue, 8 Dec 1998 16:39:31 -0500

(For those of you old enough to remember TV sets with rabbit ears, manual
tuning and horizontal and vertical hold knobs, I feel like a little kid who
has tried to fix the picture on the TV but has succeeded only in screwing up
the picture further and finally had to give up and ask Dad to fix it...)

Now I have this Product called calendar, which I can access as

    http://localhost:8080/Calendar/show

Only problem is, it wants me to enter a username and password to access it.
If I create a Document object named doc1, e.g.

    http://localhost:8080/doc1

I have no such problems.

I created a sample Product named foo and was able to access it as

    http://localhost:8080/foo

which worked, but it displayed with the [Properties|View|Security|Help] menu
across the top of the displayed page.

I've fiddled with the settings so much I think I may need to save my cal.py
module and reinstall Zope from scratch just to get back to a reasonable
configuration.

I am really confused.  Dad?  Help?

Skip Montanaro	   | Mojam: "Uniting the World of Music" http://www.mojam.com/
skip@calendar.com  | Musi-Cal: http://concerts.calendar.com/