[Zope] - iterative sorting w/dtml

Kent Polk kent@eaenki.nde.swri.edu
Tue, 8 Dec 1998 20:13:32

Hi Phillip (Phillip J. Eby), in <3.0.5.32.19981208150759.01270780@telecommunity.com> on Dec 08 you wrote:

> At 01:47 PM 12/8/98, Kent Polk wrote:
> >
> >when using:
> ><!--#in obj sort='name'-->
> >
> >How can one filter the 'name' list prior to sorting?
> >For example, to lower(case) the values, but I am
> >looking for a more general solution.
>
> Have you considered using ComputedAttribute?

Yes, but I was under the impression that they were only available
in Tabula.  As soon as we figure out how, they are going to be
available in TinyTables due to their usefulness.

I have done this as an External Method, but I couldn't figure out
how to provide a general solution using External Methods. How do
you tell your filter what to operate on without being specific?
As usual, I'm lost here and probably sitting on the compass...

Kent