[Zope] - How do I publish this object?

Paul Everitt Paul@digicool.com
Tue, 8 Dec 1998 21:50:36 -0500

Amos "The Tease" Latteier wrote:
> How about a Bobo Product that allows you to add a Bobo module from any
> place in the filesystem to anywhere in your Zope hierarchy.
> This is much
> more flexible and would provide you with a marker that your
> external code
> was in the Zope namespace. Call it "External Module"

I was trying to avoid every single step that I could think of, in order
to help people get over the hurdle.  If they have to "plug" it into the
object system somewhere, then that might be too much to ask.

In general, I advocate what you've stated above (having a real Zope
object just like External Methods does).  Of course, I automatically
like it because...

> Very easy to write, I bet. If no one has written this by this
> week end,
> I'll do it!

Well that just about says it all, eh?  I think there are still a number
of issues to deal with, though.  Should the directory be partitionable
(e.g. allow people to publish _packages_ as well as modules?)

--Paul

Paul Everitt       Digital Creations
paul@digicool.com  540.371.6909