[Zope] - Authenication problems when on webhost?

Jimmie Houchin jhouchin@texoma.net
Tue, 8 Dec 1998 22:17:13 -0600

Jim Fulton wrote:
>> I didn't know it when I signed up with my webhost but having access to the
>> C compiler came in handy. When I request they add Python 1.5.x to their
>> support they said okay if they get enough requests. So with a little help
>> from c.l.p. I compiled Python 1.5.1 to my directory. :)
>> I can see it will come in handy with Zope. :)
>
>FWIW, we'll be making self-contained binary distributions
>of Zope available that have their own pre-built Python
>interpreter and extensions.
>
>So, assuming you are on a platform that we have binaries for,
>you won't need a C compiler to use Zope.

Sounds good. I am not a Linux expert, but I know y'all (it is permitted for
us Texas folks to say y'all isn't it?) used have Linux binaries, I think. :)

I guess this become available in a future beta?

I presume, that this will make install easier?
Not that I've had problems, I haven't done it yet.

Thanks again,

Jimmie Houchin