[Zope] - Authenication problems when on webhost?

Paul Everitt Paul@digicool.com
Wed, 9 Dec 1998 08:10:08 -0500

Jimmie writes:
> Sounds good. I am not a Linux expert, but I know y'all (it is
> permitted for
> us Texas folks to say y'all isn't it?) used have Linux
> binaries, I think. :)

I'm from north Florida.  As far as I'm concerned, ya'll is the Queen's
English.

> I guess this become available in a future beta?

Yes, this Friday.  The pre-build, pre-configured Apache from the old
Principia releases might not make it out until next week.

> I presume, that this will make install easier?
> Not that I've had problems, I haven't done it yet.

We have had a number of problem reports that would be addressed by this:

o someone had hacked their Python source in a way that broke Zope

o the Python 1.5.2 alphas have some bugs in them, such as a broken
cgi.py

o many people don't have a full Python install with libraries, thus they
can't build Zope

Note that our binary kits will *also* include Python, I believe.
Realize that we are aiming Zope at an audience outside the Python
community as well as inside.

Anyway, our goal is to allow people to *quickly* get something working.
When they see what it does, they can then decide to make the commitment
to use their Python, their Apache, etc.  Our plans to get their include:

o pre-built extensions

o pre-built Python

o pre-built, pre-configured Apache, just type "start"

o recommending the use of the ZopeHTTPServer for evaluation

o sample apps targetted at both content managers and programmers

While all of these introduce their own little headaches, our experience
with Principia, which used much of the above, was quite positive.

--Paul

Paul Everitt       Digital Creations
paul@digicool.com  540.371.6909