[Zope] - first install, first connect

Jeff Bauer jeffbauer@bigfoot.com
Wed, 9 Dec 1998 15:00:01 -0600

>> File "/home/dad/dadstuff/Zope-1.9b1-src/ZopeHTTPServer/ZopeHTTPServer.py",
>>   line 321, in get_environment
>> File "/usr/lib/python1.5/SimpleHTTPServer.py", line 87, in translate_path
>>   path = os.getcwd()
>> error: (13, 'Permission denied')

> For some reason os.getcwd is failing.
>
> Can anyone think of a reason why os.getcwd
> would fail?

Jim,

I can think of a couple reasons:

1)  The directory that the program is running in gets
    deleted.  Unlikely, but it sometimes happens when
    buggy scripts are doing mkdir/chdir stuff.  That is
    not the problem here, unless Dave moved the
    directory after started his server.

2)  I think Dave originally installed Zope as 'root'
    user, so he may have a directory that server can't
    access.  My earlier advice to him was to scrub Zope
    and reinstall it as a regular non-root user.  Maybe the
    README should advise not to run Zope as root.

Best regards,

Jeff Bauer
Rubicon, Inc.