[Zope] - Killing versus shutting down??

Andreas Kostyrka andreas@ag.or.at
Wed, 9 Dec 1998 23:15:40 +0100 (CET)

On Wed, 9 Dec 1998, Jeff Bauer wrote:

> > When shutting down Zope, will there be an averse effects if
> > the serve.py process is killed with a Ctrl-C, as opposed to
> > shutting down the process using the management screem (assuming
> > of course, no requests are being handled when this is done!)
>
> If you're using INET sockets, the socket may not be immediately
> available for use after the process has been killed.  I think this
> is an issue with Win32.
Seems that you have to set SO_REUSEADDR, at least under Unix and following
Stevens book ``Unix network programming''. See also the updated
ZopeHTTPServer, at least with BoboHTTPServer this small patch solved the
restarting problem :)

Andreas
--
Win95: n., A huge annoying boot virus that causes random spontaneous system
     crashes, usually just before saving a massive project.  Easily cured by