[Zope] - Zope Binary Porting Kit

Jim Fulton jim.fulton@Digicool.com
Wed, 09 Dec 1998 18:30:22 -0500

This week we want to start providing binary releases of Zope
that make running Zope a bit simpler for people who:

  - Don't have Python,
  - Have a Python that doesn't work with Zope,
  - Don't have a C compiler, or
  - Don't want to figure out how to deal with build problems.

To make this happen, we're looking for volunteers to help us
build the binary files for various versions of Unix.  I've put
together a binary porting kit to make this as easy as I can.  The kit
can be found at:

  http://www.zope.org/Download/ZKit/zkit-1.9.0k1.tgz

Basically, all you have to do is extract this and
run a script.  If all goes well, everything is automagic.
If not, well...let me know and we'll see if we can figure
it out. :)

When everything is built, just tar up the release again
and send it back to me.

Note that we already have or can readily create binaries for
Linux 2 (glibc), Solarus 2.6 on Sparc and Intel, and Win 32
on Intel.

Jim

Technical Director   (888) 344-4332              Python Powered!

repeats.