[Zope] - Alternate authentication mechanisms

Chad Fowler cfowler@fedex.com
Fri, 11 Dec 1998 15:55:13 +0000

Hello all,

I'm evaluating the use of Zope in some of our intranet projects.
One thing that would be extremely helpful in selling the idea (even to myself)
would be if authentication could tie into our existing LDAP authentication systems.

I apologize for not having looked at the code yet, but a quick answer would
be beneficial.  How feasible would it be to move Zope authentication from flat files
to other authentication databases (LDAP, NIS, etc.)?

I would be willing to contribute to this kind of effort if it seems like a good idea
in the world of Zope.

Thanks in advance,
Chad Fowler
cfowler@fedex.com