[Zope] - Zope and SSL

Jeff Bauer jeffbauer@bigfoot.com
Fri, 11 Dec 1998 17:05:54 -0600

>> http://starship.skyport.net/~lemburg/ will get you
>> pretty close, but, mxCrypto only provides an interface
>> to ciphers and not to the SSL protocol itself, so it's
>> not useful for this purpose.

> I'm gonna put my "work hat" on (I do crypto for a
> living :-), and say don't even try this one :-) It's too
> big a pain in the ass to get right, and Apache does a
> prettyy good job. If I was gonna try and shove it into
> Medusa (which I've thought about) THAT is a different
> question.

Chris,

I think it should be a long-term goal that SSL find it's
way into Zope (and Python in general) to build scaleable
applications.  Perhaps we haven't seen much yet, but it
may soon be necessary for servers to act as clients to
talk to other servers across secure channels.  Apache is
great for the server side of the equation, but Zope needs
a client SSL solution, too. IMO.

Best regards,

Jeff Bauer
Rubicon, Inc.