[Zope] - Zope, Win95, File Output

Paul Everitt Paul@digicool.com
Sun, 13 Dec 1998 11:54:31 -0500

Fabian wrote:
> I maintain a few different websites through work for various
> companies.  Each of these sites have a few things that are
> very database oriented, though are updated about twice per
> month.  Zope looks absolutely perfect for the design of it,
> though we have the problem of the ISP we are running the
> pages on probably wouldn't install Zope, and it's unfeasable
> to switch.

Tell them its written in Perl. :^)

> My question boils down to this: Is there an easy way
> (accessing in python or whichever) to use Zope to generate
> the output HTML files instead of only through the webserver?

This has been talked about enough recently that I added it to my Q&A.
What we need is some ambitious soul to write the 50 lines of Python to
do this, hopefully as a Zope Product.

> We also use Frontpage 98 to do most of the editing, and if
> Zope can be accessed easily enough to do this I'll be itching
> to design  FrontPage Components to make use of it.

Needless to say Zope would have to sitting behind a FP-compatible server
for this to work, unless you just wanted to do FTP stuff.

What did you have in mind for FP?

--Paul

Paul Everitt       Digital Creations
paul@digicool.com  540.371.6909