[Zope] - Zope running with Apache

Vincent Yau vyau@mpath.com
Mon, 14 Dec 1998 11:34:53 -0800

Dear All,

got an installation problem.  This is with the new release
on last Friday Dec 11.

I am using Apache 1.3.0 on Linux 2.0.34 (RedHat 5.0) on a Pentium box.

I have apache run on port 80 and wishes to place Zope
on it.

Here are the steps that I did:

-- copy the mod_rewrite directives from the instruction to httpd.conf
-- copy the <Location> directive to authenticate /cgi-bin/Zope
-- create the password file with htpasswd
-- copy the Zope.cgi to the appropriate /cgi-bin directory

I am hoping to run Zope with Apache on regular port 80
and so I restart httpd
and try

   http://mymachine/cgi-bin/Zope/manage

I did get the authenticate box, and I got thru
and the browser runs for about 15 secs
and then I got a resource unavailable
(102) fail to connect error.

The page seems to be generated by Zope.
I wonder if there is something else that I need to fire up
on the Zope side.  I dug thru the help files, no mention of anything.

I did try the python web server and access Zope that way, it
works fine though.

Any comments on what I did to make Apache and Zope runs?  Maybe I miss
a step??

thanks

-Vincent

Warm Regards