[Zope] - isPrincipiaFolderish question

Jim Fulton jim@Digicool.com
Tue, 15 Dec 1998 17:34:34 +0000

Pavlos Christoforou wrote:

> Zopistas
>
> <!--# if expr="foo.isPrincipiaFolderish"--> tests object foo.
> How can I check the current object?

<!--# if expr="isPrincipiaFolderish"-->

> I would like to have something like:
>
> <!--# if expr="self.isPrincipiaFolderish"-->
> I can hold stuff
> <!--#/if-->
> What is self in Zope?

self is implicit.

> And since Documents are methods wouldn't a call to
> self.isPrincipiaFolderish check the parent folder and return true anyway?

Yes.  But you wouldn't want a document to be
folderish anyway, would you?  This flag is mainly there for
various Python classes that want to implement folderish
(folder-like) behavior.   In the future, you'll be able to
implement new objects through the web and this flag
(or something like it) will be useful for indicating
whether your new objects should be treated as folders.

Jim

Technical Director   (540) 371-6909              Python Powered!

repeats.