[Zope] - Serving Zope...

Andrew M. Kuchling akuchlin@cnri.reston.va.us
Tue, 15 Dec 1998 16:08:12 -0500 (EST)

Andy Smith writes:
>o   With ZopeHTTPServer supplied as part of Zope anyway, should support for
>Apache be that high a priority?

	Yes, it should.  I doubt that ZopeHTTPServer.py will support
SSL at the same level as a commercial Apache variant such as
Stronghold.  For commerce applications, the security aspect is important

>o   Does the average Zoper actually use the preconfigured Apache ... or does
>he/she use the installation to figure out how to configure an existing
>server.

	Configure an existing server; I don't think I'll use
ZopeHTTPServer except for the most trivial testing and
experimentation.

>o   How can pcgi be used to best effect? Would an apache mod_pcgi be useful?

	Probably, though I don't know how high the traffic would have
to be before the time to execute the pcgi-wrapper becomes a
significant drain.  I suspect this isn't a high priority at the
moment, because few people will do very high-traffic sites with Zope
until they're familiar with the technology.  That should make for some
delay before a mod_pcgi is needed.

--
A.M. Kuchling			http://starship.skyport.net/crew/amk/
Complementary to his is Thurber's remark that "humour is a kind of emotional