[Zope] - Template Question

Amos Latteier amos@aracnet.com
Wed, 16 Dec 1998 16:42:41 -0800

At 03:47 PM 12/16/98 -0800, Roy Harvey  wrote:

>standard_html_header and standard_html_footer seem to be "defaulted" into
>each newly created index.html. Is there a way to set what template data
>gets inserted into each newly created document? Can this be set globally as
>well as locally (folder level)?

A quick perusal of the source indicates that new empty Documents are filled
with the string from OFS.Document.default_html. I bet you could poke your
own value in there with an external method, and then be happy as pie.

It might be nicer if the Folder creating a document first checked for an
attribute like default_html and if found, filled new docs with that
instead. I bet this would be a simple patch (OFS/Document.py in
manage_addDocument) that even a novice Zopester could figure out how to do.
Of course, you don't see me volunteering to do it ;-)

-Amos