[Zope] - Zope with Apache

Vincent Yau vyau@mpath.com
Thu, 17 Dec 1998 16:12:05 -0800

Dear All:

I am unable to get Zope to work with Apache for the past
week or so after multiple attempts (on Linux and Solaris).
So i am going to email to the group one last time:

Here are my setup:
   Solaris 2.6 x86
   Apache 1.3.3
   Zope 1.9b3 (released just today)

I did get the dialog box to popup and ask me
for Username and Password.  So I typed in
the username and password in my $ZOPE_DIR/access file.
I get back Authentication Failed message.

mod_rewrite is working and I confirmed that with LogLevel 9
so it logs matched URL.
Here are the mod_rewrite rules/conds from the httpd.conf file:

RewriteEngine on
RewriteLog "/usr/local/apache_1.3.3/logs/rewrite.log"
RewriteLogLevel 9
RewriteCond %{HTTP:Authorization}  ^(.*)
RewriteRule ^/Zope/(.*) /usr/local/apache_1.3.3/cgi-bin/Zope.cgi/$1
[e=HTTP_CGI_AUTHORIZATION:%1,t=application/x-httpd-cgi,l]

I have also tried the other RewriteRule that was posted to the Zope web site.

The message that I get back (if I do not want to retry
after I get the authorization failed header) is:

You are not authorized to access this resource. Username and password are
not correct.

Traceback (innermost last):
  File /usr/local/Zope-1.9.0b3-src/lib/python/ZPublisher/Publish.py, line
879, in publish_module
  File /usr/local/Zope-1.9.0b3-src/lib/python/ZPublisher/Publish.py, line
536, in publish
    (Info: /manage)
  File /usr/local/Zope-1.9.0b3-src/lib/python/ZPublisher/Publish.py, line
302, in unauthorized
Unauthorized: (see above)

Can anyone suggest where I may be doing wrong?

I had the same problem with RedHat Linux 5.0, Apache 1.3.3 as well.
Thanks

-Vincent

Warm Regards

Vincent Yau