[Zope] - It's alive! (making ZMySQLDA works)

Jeff Bauer jeffbauer@bigfoot.com
Sun, 20 Dec 1998 13:33:50 -0600

Ricky Ng-Adam writes:
> -point your browser to http://localhost:9673/manage
> (not 8080; is it me or did this change from beta 2 to
> beta 3??) and enter correct username/password

I'll claim some share of responsibility for this change.
Earlier, I had mentioned to the Zope crew that a number
of existing web products make use of ports 80, 81, 8000,
8080, 8888, etc., and that this would cause problems for
people who were running on machines where these ports
were already reserved by other processes.

My suggestion was to use 9673.  Why?  The mnemonic is
Z-O-P-E on many touch tone telephones.

At any rate, the install program (I think) now allows
you to specify the port of your choice.

Best regards,

Jeff Bauer
Rubicon, Inc.