[Zope] - PCGI with IIS 4.0

Jeff Bauer jeffbauer@bigfoot.com
Sun, 20 Dec 1998 19:42:50 -0600

> My problem is that lured by the simplicity of getting
> pcgi to work on linux/apache I have promised to port
> my web app to IIS.

> I remember that there used to be several references
> for getting PCGI to work on IIS, but I can't find
> any of them now ;(

> and the included readme points to
> http://starship.skyport.net/crew/jbauer/persistcgi/
> which is also not very helpful for IIS newbie like me
> (I have no idea how to make IIS execute the info file
> using pcgi_wrapper.exe, which I guess is the thing I
> should do)

Hannu,

Amos got pcgi-wrapper.exe successfully working with IIS
back in August.  I'll let him provide the details, then
I'll add them to the pcgi docs. ;-)

I think one of the things he did was create a file
association, .pcgi extensions to pcgi-wrapper.exe.

The pcgifile.py sanity tester should work (works with
Win32/Apache) and the pcgitime.py is a good starter
example to get pcgi working on NT.

Keep in mind that process creation is more expensive
on NT vs. Unix.  So although it should work for you,
it may not sustain heavy loads.  Don't tell us you're
surprised <wink>.

Best regards,

Jeff Bauer
Rubicon, Inc.