[Zope] - Ok... I'm really stupid!!!

Amos Latteier amos@aracnet.com
Wed, 23 Dec 1998 17:27:56 -0800

At 04:28 PM 12/23/98 -0600, LD Landis  wrote:
>  I've downloaded the sample and installed it... but what is the mechanism
>  that I use to plug it into the mix?  What type is the new item that I add
>  to activate it...  Also, I expect that once it is grafted in (say as
>  "sample", that I'd get to it via:  "http://mysite.com:9673/sample" right?

I assume you are talking about the sample product for people who want to
learn the Zope Product API. Correct?

If so, they you want to ungzip and untar it inside the Zope directory. Then
shutdown and restart Zope.

Now the sample product should appear in the add list on the management
screens. That's all the installation you need to do. This process is
exactly the same for all Zope products. Installing a Product just makes
that product available to be created with the management interface. It does
not actually create any instances in your object hierarchy.

Does this answer your question?

-Amos