[Zope] - Zope/ODBC and MS Sql Server 6.5 connection

Vincent Joseph vincent.joseph@usa.net
Thu, 24 Dec 1998 08:14:49 -0500

Hi,

Has anyone managed to connect to MS SQL Server 6.5 using Zope ODBC?
The ODBC Data Source Administrator does not have a place where
you can specify a user/id and password. So selecting the data
source does not seem to be enough. The clients that I use (isqlw)
always ask for a userid and password. How do I provide this
information to Zope, while at the same time using ODBC? When I
try to connect it gives me the following message [ec is my data
source name]:

<strong>Invalid connection string: </strong><CODE>ec</CODE><br>
<!--
sql.error
None
-->

<!--
Traceback (innermost last):
  File C:\Program Files\zope19\lib\python\ZPublisher\Publish.py, line
879, in publish_module
  File C:\Program Files\zope19\lib\python\ZPublisher\Publish.py, line
595, in publish
    (Info: /Plutonia/manage_addZODBCConnection)
  File C:\Program Files\zope19\lib\python\Products\ZODBCDA\DA.py, line
115, in manage_addZODBCConnection
    (Object: Navigation)
  File C:\Program Files\zope19\lib\python\Shared\DC\ZRDB\Connection.py,
line 139, in __init__
    (Object: RoleManager)
  File C:\Program Files\zope19\lib\python\Shared\DC\ZRDB\Connection.py,
line 168, in edit
    (Object: RoleManager)
  File C:\Program Files\zope19\lib\python\Shared\DC\ZRDB\Connection.py,
line 212, in connect
    (Object: RoleManager)
  File C:\Program Files\zope19\lib\python\Products\ZODBCDA\db.py, line
164, in __init__
BadRequest: (see above)

-->

I got the following from the SQL server books online, and tried both.
>>A minimum complete SQL Server connection string has one of two forms:
>>DSN=dsnname;UID=loginid;PWD=password;
>>DRIVER={SQL Server};SERVER=server;UID=loginid;PWD=password;

I also tried using the Sybase connection string pattern, to no avail.
So how do I go about specifying the user id and password to get
a successful login when using ODBC?

Help would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Vincent