[Zope] - Food for thought

Jim Fulton jim.fulton@digicool.com
Mon, 28 Dec 1998 13:00:58 -0500

Paul Everitt wrote:

> Scott wrote:
> > I'm not quite sure that there really is a solution for this
> > problem, so I
> > didn't add it to the bug list, but it is something to think about.
>
> My, but you've stated it diplomatically :^)
>
> > Can ayone think of a good way to keep DTML from infinetly looping?
>
> Jim added changes a little over a year ago to keep an object from
> calling itself.

Actually, I added a check to see if the call depth was excessive.
There are cases where it might be perfectly reasonable for an
object to call itself.

(snip)

> > Create a folder and place a document method in it
> > and call it index_html. Place this line in the index html file.
> >
> > <!--#tree-->
> > <!--#var index_html-->
> > <!--#/tree-->
>
> Hmmm, now that looks like, if not a bug, certainly an insect of some
> species.

Which I cannot reproduce.

> If you did:
>
> <!--#var index_html-->
>
> then Zope would see that you were trying to insert yourself into
> yourself.

Actually, it would eventually see that the call depth
had become excessive.

> Takes the taste out of stuffing, I might add.  But it appears
> the tree tag foils Zope's attempts to keep your insides firmly
> segregated from you outsides.

The tree tag seems (to me) to be doing the right thing,
albeit slowly.

Jim

Technical Director   (888) 344-4332              Python Powered!

repeats.