[Zope] - ZMySQLDA does not show up.

Brian Lloyd Brian@digicool.com
Mon, 28 Dec 1998 13:59:25 -0500

> Ok now, I downloaded, compliled, and installed the MySQL
> release version
> 3.21.33.  (Three tries) I downloaded and installed the
> ZMySQLDA package as per
> instructions, everything worked, no errors in the consol
> window and I created a
> "MySQLmodule.so" binary.  Moved it into the ZMySQLDA product
> directory and
> restarted Zope.
>
> I did change the ZMySQLDA setup script to reflect the correct paths to
> my MySQL lib and include dirs.  Make was completed fine.
>
> However when logging into my management screen I do not have
> the option to
> create a new database connection from the pull down menu.
>
> Any thoughts, did I miss a thread on this?

If you look at
/Control_Panel/Products/ZMySQLDA in the management interface,
do you see a "traceback" tab? If so, what does the traceback
say?

You might also ensure that the MySQLmodule.so that you created
has its permissions set so that the Zope process can read and
execute it.

Brian Lloyd        brian@digicool.com
Software Engineer  540.371.6909