[Zope] - pcgi, os.environ, and cookies

BScherer@mobile.bam.com BScherer@mobile.bam.com
29 Dec 98 08:34:14 EST

Hi,

I've got bobo application that I've converted to run under the pcgi that comes with Zope 1.9 final.

The application uses a cookie based authentication/identification scheme.

The problem is that the app runnning under pcgi seems to maintain the environment under which it was started, which means that the cookie info never changes.  If I start the app as an authenticated user, anybody can get in; if I start it as a non authenticated user, nobody can get in.  I've confirmed the static environ by logging it; it never changes.

I'm using an old cookie.py module:
# by Dave Mitchell (davem@magnet.com), 1995
Maybe there is another way to get fresh cookies?

Thanks

Bill