[Zope] - partial publishing of Zope .bbb

Paul Everitt Paul@digicool.com
Tue, 29 Dec 1998 17:49:41 -0500

Tim wrote:
> Wondering if there would be demand for a degree of offline development
> of Zope sites.  (in the UK all telephone calls are charged)
>
> I can see this could be problematic.  With many people
> updating a "live"
> site, copying across an offline version in entirety would
> wipe out other
> updates.

You can do some of this now, though it is undocumented.  Check the
mailing list archives and search for manage_importHack and
manage_exportHack.

> Would partial publishing of higher up folders be workable?   (ie the
> manager uploads the folders that control the look and feel, not the
> sub-folders which contain authors content)

I think the Session machinery could be put to use here.  A combination
of a real import/export facility plus Sessions would perhaps let locking
do its work and warn about collisions.

--Paul

Paul Everitt       Digital Creations
paul@digicool.com  540.371.6909