[Zope] - ZODBCDA for Linux?

Anthony Baxter anthony@interlink.com.au
Wed, 30 Dec 1998 16:07:43 +1100

Christopher G. Petrilli wrote:
> This has nothing to do with Linux (this is a common question for
> Python in general)... it has to do with needing an ODBC driver for
> the OS.  As far as I know, there are only commercial drivers for UNIX
> implementations.  You'll notice it's only available for Win32, that's
> because Win32 has the ODBC drivers if you've installed Access, etc...

Nonetheless, if you're willing to spend the money, you can get ODBC
drivers for Linux and other Unixen. Combining these with iODBC and
mxODBC means you can get to the databases from python.

(I also am awaiting either the release, or the "how to write a database
adaptor" docs :)

Anthony
--
Anthony Baxter, NextTelecom.