[Zope] - ZODBCDA for Linux?

Andreas Kostyrka andreas@mtg.co.at
Wed, 30 Dec 1998 08:47:03 +0100 (CET)

On Tue, 29 Dec 1998, Christopher G. Petrilli wrote:

> On Tue, Dec 29, 1998 at 07:38:21PM -0800, Scott Sampson wrote:
> > Is there a target date to make the Zope ODBC Database Adapter available on
> > Linux?
>
> This has nothing to do with Linux (this is a common question for Python
> in general)... it has to do with needing an ODBC driver for the OS.  As
> far as I know, there are only commercial drivers for UNIX
Nope, there seem to be a free implementation too. (Notice the PostgreSQL
ODBC driver, etc.) BUT the ODBC manager I'm thinking of has one HUGE
problem: It's GPL, and as such legally incompatible with Zope :(

Andreas
--
Win95: n., A huge annoying boot virus that causes random spontaneous system
     crashes, usually just before saving a massive project.  Easily cured by