[Zope] - Why I don't think Zope will work for me

John Eikenberry jae@taos.kavi.com
Wed, 30 Dec 1998 00:35:26 -0800 (PST)

On Wed, 30 Dec 1998, Andreas Kostyrka wrote:

> Not really. FTP is not acceptable as it unencrypted. ;) That doesn't work
> to well with my paranoia. (Sorry, some of this paranoia even lingers
> around when my sysadmin hat is stowed away *g*)

Once Medusa ftp support is added, perhaps we (or rather those of us with
reasonable governments) could develop an encryption package. SSH2 supports
sercure ftp, and they are seeking IETF standardization. Mabey we could
implement this standard in medusa's ftp server.

> Actually, I've come up with a tiny Zope replacement :)

Any chance of letting us see it? :)

---

John Eikenberry
[jae@taos.kavi.com - http://taos.kavi.com/~jae/]