[Zope] - Why I don't think Zope will work for me

Jim Fulton jim.fulton@digicool.com
Wed, 30 Dec 1998 10:10:31 -0500

Magnus Lie Hetland wrote:

> What about having an export/import to/from file system?

I think that there is a good possibility for this to happen.

I definately plan to support import and export in XML.  My original idea
was to export to a single XML file.  I could see extending this in some
fashion to export to individial files.  Documents would export to files,
folders to directories, etc.  It will be a little tricky to handle things like
folder attributes and objects that aren't completely folderish.

> That way, you
> *could* use the file system for editing, version control etc., except that
> you would import into zopes DB before publishing it to the web...

Yes.

Jim

Technical Director   (888) 344-4332              Python Powered!

repeats.