[Zope] - License issues

Scott Robertson sroberts@codeit.com
Wed, 30 Dec 1998 09:10:45 -0800 (PST)

On Wed, 30 Dec 1998, Andreas Kostyrka wrote:
> Nope, there seem to be a free implementation too. (Notice the PostgreSQL
> ODBC driver, etc.) BUT the ODBC manager I'm thinking of has one HUGE
> problem: It's GPL, and as such legally incompatible with Zope :(

Why is GPL incompatible with Zope, is it the clause that states only other
GPL'ed code can be linked with GPL code (I think it's something like that
I'll have to check and make sure.) Does this mean we can not make a
Product for Zope and GPL it?

- Scott Robertson             Phone: 714.972.2299 -
- CodeIt Computing            Fax:   714.972.2399 -
-                http://codeit.com                -