[Zope] - Apache's DSO and mod_rewrite.

Paul Everitt Paul@digicool.com
Thu, 31 Dec 1998 07:36:01 -0500

Kwan Soo writes:
> So, I want the source of rewrite problem. Did I do something wrong or
> mod_rewrite must be compiled in staticall?

Hmm, this is a good question and perhaps a source of an answer.

To try and figure out why everyone was having problems with 1.3.3, I
upgraded our web server.  Everything went fine.  www.zope.org is being
served by 1.3.3.  I didn't have to change the conf file at all.  Even
better, lots of problems with shutdown disappeared, I'm now able to
kill with the USR1 signal, etc.

BUT, I compiled it in statically.

At some point the Zope community has to say, "That's an Apache problem,
ask them what's wrong."  I _kind of_ felt like demonstrating a working
system with 1.3.0 provided that kind of claim, but since people were
using 1.3.3, it was a weak claim.

However, if 1.3.3 is known to work when mod_rewrite is statically
compiled in, then that's a strong claim.  Can you tell us if it works
using a statically-compiled mod_rewrite?

--Paul