[Zope] object versioning

Michel Pelletier michel@digicool.com
Thu, 1 Apr 1999 09:38:23 -0500

You allready do keep multiple versions of your objects around.  That's
how undo works.

> Also perhaps even name/describe these changes so that you could switch
> between these revisions.
>
> This would be like RCS/CVS for Zope.

This is sort of how Versions (for those of you using 1.10.x or lower,
we've changed Sessions to Versions to clear up the namespace for "real"
sessions) work.  When you create a Version, it puts you in your own
little work area that looks exactly like the publicly visible area does.
Now, you can edit the Versions, break it, change it completely, and it
won't show up until you save the sessions.

I agree that *I* would feel more comfortable if the terminology were
more RCS/CVS (check out, check in, add, remove, commit) but would
everyone else?  This would require a proposal from the community.

-Michel