[Zope] Anonymous User-sessions

Michel Pelletier michel@digicool.com
Fri, 2 Apr 1999 09:10:44 -0500

Hello Johan.  The idea of a Zope sessions is not the kind of session
your talking about here.  In the next release, 1.11, Sessions will be
called Versions to clear up this confusion and to free up the object
namespace so we can support "real" sessions like your asking about.

What Zope calls Sessions (Versions) let you work in an area of your Zope
system and edit/break/change it without the changes being reflected to
anyone else until you save the session (version).

The kind of Sessions it sounds like your looking for are not implimented
yet.  There are some very sticky issues that need to be thought out
completely.  We don't like to impliment solutions without making sure
that the solution is general enough to be uselful in all problem
domains.  This kind of thinking is why Zope is so cool in the first
place.

For now, if you want to keep session-like information laying around
you'll need to home grow your own based on whatever mechanism you
prefer.  Please be sure to let us know what kind of system you come up
with so we can consider it in our implimentation of "real" Sessions.

It looks like John Jarvis posted an interesting Cookie Cutter Product
this morning, you might want to look into that (I haven't yet).

-Michel