[Zope] Re: Re: [Zope] No access file found...

Chris Larson clarson@changeling.com
Sat, 3 Apr 1999 11:59:33 -0600

On 7/25/18 12:00 AM ,   said:

>> Any help would be much appreciated.
>>
>> Chris
>>
>> PS Any comments on using '/tmp' to contain 'var/' as an NFS bypass?
>> '/tmp' is not mounted via NFS.
>>

>I can't help with the traceback Chris, but surely if you have var/ (which
>contains Data.bbb) in /tmp, isn't your database going to get wiped out by
>some cron job at your ISP?

Tone,

Yup, but I'm kinda caught with NFS in the picture. They clear /tmp (or
cron does) on a 7 day cycle, so I'm looking at the idea of doing a cron
within that time to back up the DB, delete it, and replace it. Gonna be
tricky, but unless someone has another suggestion for getting around NFS
with a somewhat reluctant-to-begin-with ISP (and yes, I'm looking at my
ISP options)... I may even try to do this within Zope. We'll see.

Oh, and a request. Not to be a jerk about it, but could you reply to me
as well as the list in the future. I digest the list, and don't always
catch the incoming digest. 'sides, it's easier to just hit reply on a
message than extract, reply, etc. :+)

Thanks,

Chris

PS A relatively naive question, I s'pose, but can anyone shed light on
why, after all this time, NFS is still such a pain. And, I'm under the
impression that NFS is fairly common. Why aren't there more folks having
problems with Zope? Or am I the only one without root access around here?
<cha-grin>