[Zope] Getting an external method to work

Ben Derstine bend@realeducation.com
Sat, 3 Apr 1999 17:04:02 -0700

Hello,
I'm completely new to Zope and I'm trying to understand how external methods
work.  From the documentation it seems like it should be very simple but yet
I can't make it work.  Here is what I have done:

1. Created a folder in the Zope directory called Extensions.
2. Created a python script:

def Testzope():
	"Testing zope"
	return 'Does this work?'

3.Named the script testzope.py and placed it in the Extensions folder.
4. I went to the zope management interface and added a folder called
testfolder.
5. Within the testfolder I added an External method with ID testingzope,
function name Testzope, and module file testzope (without the suffix).
6. When I hit Try It within the management interface it works correctly.
7. When I try to access it from outside the interface I consistently get
"Document not found."
8. Here is how I try to access it:
localhost:9673/testfolder/testzope/Testzope
9. Anything else I add (DHTML docs) seems to work fine and show up
externally.

Any ideas?

Benjamin L Derstine
Network Administrator
Real Education, Inc.
10200 A East Girard Avenue
Denver, CO 80231

e-mail:  bend@realeducation.com
phone:  303-873-7400
fax:  303-873-7449

http://www.realeducation.com

"The Leader in Online Education over the Internet"