[Zope] how come I can't add an external method...

Tony McDonald tony.mcdonald@ncl.ac.uk
Tue, 6 Apr 1999 12:13:13 +0100

Hi all,
I'm trying to add this snippet as an external method
------
import htmlfmt

def test():
   "Testing zope 1"
  a = htmlfmt.UL(("1", "2", "3"))
  return a

print test()
-----

(htmlfmt is a library from the van Rossum, Watters and Ahlstrom book
'Internet programming with Python').

It does work...

96 % python test.py
<UL>
<LI>1
<LI>2
<LI>3
  </UL>

but trying to add this as an external method just does not happen.
I'm left staring at a rotating beachball while the system tries to
add it to the database.

The following works fine...
-------
def test():
        "Testing zope 2"
        a = """<UL>
<LI>1
<LI>2
<LI>3
  </UL>
"""
        return a
 --------

Can someone please point out the fly in the ointment here? I feel
like I'm sitting in a corner wearing a  <|0 at the moment...
ta
tone

------
Dr Tony McDonald,  FMCC, Networked Learning Environments Project
The Medical School, Newcastle University Tel: +44 191 222 5888
Fingerprint: 3450 876D FA41 B926 D3DD  F8C3 F2D0 C3B9 8B38 18A2