[Zope] Has anyone tried authentication accross multiple servers?

Phillip J. Eby pje@telecommunity.com
Wed, 07 Apr 1999 22:09:58 -0500

At 11:29 AM 4/8/99 +1000, Jay, Dylan wrote:
>I need this for a website I'm setting up so that users can download from
>several different locations around the world. I don't want users to have to
>type in their password twice. I presume there is no way to do this via basic
>authentication which leaves cookies. Has anyone tried this?

I'm in the midst of figuring out how to do authentication with cookies.
The only way I can see to get ZPublisher to work intelligently with cookies
is to hack the "unauthorized" method of the ModulePublisher class so that a
login page can be called.

One caveat for your project: cookies will only work across servers if the
servers share a common domain, e.g.: foo.bar.com and baz.bar.com.